Workflow of fkfd
6 9 2019 by fakefred
It's hard, right? Besides the fact that I'm a big fan of automation, I also hate fixing bugs. That's why I stick to this semi-automated process:
- Draw the comic in Krita.
- Save .kra file to
- Scale image down to roughly 600-1,000px in width depending on original width.
- Save .png file in the same directory.
- cd to
./metagen.js(a script I made to automate metadata generation)
~/Pictures/fkfd/stage/now contains a directory whose name is the comic id.
- Copy the images (both png and kra) in
- Move the images in
- cd to
- Fire up a console in Dolphin (KDE file namager) with F4
- sftp to my server, auto-login with SSH keys, and
put -r [id]
- Go to Firefox, open up fkfd.me, and review.
It's complex, and I'm bound to forget the procedure once I pause drawing for several months. So I've put up the official workflow here in case I forget.
Speaking of this site: There is no CMS. Only a node.js backend I wrote from scratch .
 Though not literally; I have Express, Handlebars and Node.js powering my server, HTTP, TCP/IP, and big blocks of silicon in my laptop and every electronic gadget.